Friday 2 April 2010

New Badu!

There are few artists whom I sit up and pay attention to when they come out with something new. While the plethora of pop shit that is out there is transfixing Ke¢ha and the wonders of auto tune fucking up each and every song, I hold out for real music artists. Thanks fucking god For Ms. Erykah Badu. She is just badass. New Amerykah Part 2: Return Of The Ankh, featuring the single Window Seat. Analogue steaming through my earphones and speakers at the shop and her deep praise for the vinyl sound of yesteryear. Returning with a video that both took balls to do and an homage to the Camelot years of Kennedy it seems fitting that with the current political climate of the U.S.. At the moment with the passing of the Health Care Reform Bill which makes a change in the right direction, but could be years away from any true and real significant change. Still. There are alot of things that the powers that be don't want to change and are ready to fight for fear that America is becoming to liberal from it's supposed traditional value. I know alot of people actually fear change, but thats how it must roll. So I can relate to saying I quit this bitch and left for England 12 years ago. Erykah shows us that when exposing ourselves as we really are, somethings can change in a split second. I tip my hat off to her, and the song is like an old soul record, fucking classic. Erykah is one of the few soul artists I have true high regard for, along with Marvin Gaye whom can actually make me cry when I hear his voice. Enjoy!


No comments: