Wednesday 15 June 2011

Michael Clark Rocks Hard!



I have been a fab of The Michael Clark Company for a few years and never thought I would enjoy the art form of modern dance. Mr Clark has chosen some serious tunes to work with. His previous work Come Gone Been utilising Bowie, Velvet Underground and Iggy Pop was music to my ears. Yet his latest preview of new work at the Tate Modern was something I could not miss. Front row centre I was there with the dance troupe gyrating to Bowie, Pulp and a moving and lovely piece provided by Funkadelic's 'Maggot Brain'. His troupe use all aspects of dance from ballet to simple mime stop motion. His basic approach is effective and once again the show stopper to Bowie's Jean Genie gets me every time. As this last show is a transitional piece I can not wait to see the finished work in its entirety.


No comments: