Saturday 21 April 2012

Ms. Badu Vs. the Supposed Muslim Tattoo

I ahve said hand over heart that I am a fan of Erykah Badu. She is bad ass and her music is always a comfort to my ears and next to playing Fucked UP some of my hip hop clients like it. Recently iread a tibit that the country of Malaysia got their painties in a wad over the fact that Ms. Badu had body art of the word of Allah. I know some organized faith's tend to really kick up a fuss when dieties come into the role of tattoo or bady art. This epeisode forced Erykah to give a public appology and to cancel her concert to her Malaysian fans. I know that Malaysia is a predominately Muslim country. Really there has to be larger and more pressing issues at stake than throwing a hissy fit about a singer posing with the a sanskirt piece upon her body. I once tattooed a Buddha on to a womans thigh and I loved it cause it was really cool and she ran into some problems when she went on Holiday.
The issue was that the spiritual being was placed low on her body and was viewd as a sacrelige becasue the God was lower than her human head, Meaning she appeared more supurior than Buddha and that she was have to pay respect and asked to cover it up on the beach whe she was. I was surprised cause they sell those buddha things all over the place in small sizes and human heads are above them when viewing. It didn't make sense. Erykah Badu has used diffrent types of bady art in her appearance to further achieve a multi-cultural look and feel to accompany her music. The Texan born singer didn't meany any direspect intentionally, I believe. Still, the fact that something like a ltttle body mae up in a photo can cause such a storm in a tea cup is silly. Still miss Badu is a bad bicth in my book, and that is a good thing. She comes to London in June and can't wait to see her.

No comments: