Tuesday 8 June 2010

Moments That Shaped Me 123.


When I am was a little kid, I had a deep adoration for all things rock album art, and spent my pocket money on my most treasured belongings at the time. Then I turned 10 and my parents bought me a pinball machine, and I was obsessed with the game. When I learned about the movie Tommy by The Who, I so desperately wanted to see it. Yet I was jock blocked by the very woman I would come to know as my mother. Damn you woman! She reasoned that the movie was full of sex drug and rock n' roll and that I was to young. Those three words rang on my ears, and only spurred me on to see this midnight show. Yet I had to other dilemma's that made my plight ever more of a bitch. I didn't drive and the movie was only being shown at midnight. Video was to damn expensive and not the same as the movie experience. My cousin saw it and told me I would love it, and said it was about a boy whom played pinball. Sex, drugs, rock n' roll, and pinball, I was sold. So now two years passed and I was at the malleable age of 12.



Lucky for me parents went to bed quit early and I planned with a friend whom had a much older brother. His brother said he would take us to the midnight showing, but we had to buy our own tickets. My plan of escape the house bath room window led out to the driveway for an easy exit and quick get away. And to South Coast Plaza Cinema to see Tommy! In the parking lot I had my very first beer to myself. I was in Heaven. I loved the movie and never was a huge fan of The Who, but I loved the music. Coming back I was faced with the problem of getting back into the house. So scaling the wall of the house I mad enough noise still drunk from the beer that my mother caught me with my body hanging out the bathroom window, while my legs flailed outside. She stared at my in her curlers saying, go to bed, then closing the bathroom door behind her.




My mother grounded me for two weeks and took the stereo out of my room. Was it worth it. Fuck Yeah! To this day I still love this movie.

No comments: