Saturday 18 April 2009

KUNIYOSHI!


In between my stupors and work schedule I do try and stimulate my feeble brain with real culture. Now I am not talking about my monthly trip to Browns Strip Joint across the street from my studio either. But I got to say I am a sucker for their Double Kentucky Bullit Bourbon and Coke. Time to make momma pretty! So there is a exhibit that is in Ye Mary Ol London that is a must see. Not only for tattoo lovers and collectors but art buffs in general. The Koniyoshi exhibit at The Royal Academy Of Art is on from now till June 7th. Beautiful washes and works that cover his body of work. Although I am not known for doing Japanese work, I am inspired by his use of image and striking composition. My favorites are his single studies and the show is worth coughing up the 10 shekel fifty to see these prize works.
The show features a 150 of his works and shows him as a master at what he does. Not to mention laying the ground work for most current working tattoo artists the world over. Definitely a killer way to spend an afternoon. For times and scheduled visits are available at The Royal Academy Of Art



No comments: