Tuesday, 17 August 2010
You're A BAD BOSS MAN Henry Hate
Today is funny, because when I was running around doing errands for the shop ordering jewry, making bank deposits and sundry. I came in to find exhibit A. Upon reading it I laughed. Because it reminded me of the time my house keeper left a note on my bed that read as follows. "Henry, You Scare Me. I quit!" My room mates told everyone and all had a good laugh at my expense and I did on occasion laugh too. Reason I was very anal about the way my bed was made. Ok I had some killer designer linen on my bed that I wanted to show off when I pulled and every guy whom came home with me always commented on my bed. When we had parties at our flat in Maida Vale, my bedroom was the social point and also the biggest room in the house.
I turned a blind eye to my maid stealing my favorite porn even pinching my drugs at the time. So the maid left with my porn and drugs and was left to make my bed the way I alwaus wanted to plus it saved me £45 a week i was paying them for 3 1/2 hours. So I didn't sweat it, cause it wasn't me whom was at a loss. I still had a kool bed, and now £45 pounds richer. Win win in my book. Bur finding a maid who was trust worthy was a bitch. My assistant quit today and all though I am not angry I find it funny that he would do exactly what I knew was coming. He chopped his nose off to spite his face. I assume he thought I was going to fire him due to an upcoming meeting set for wednesday. When in fact I made a contract for him to follow suit where he would have to agree to to show him physically what the problem was.
I had already addressed his lack of passion, and his glacier pace to do simple tasks that would take no time at all, also his lack of drive and self innitiative. Yet somehow, it's supposed to be my fault. Let's go over this shit with the courts shall we.
Item One: Places his Djing, "Graphic Work" (a term I use loosely) over his apprenticeship. He's paid £1000.00 a month on a earn as you learn basis. He has access to three tattoo artists and endless resource material at his disposal and a platform to where he would make a gradual shift. So add what I pay him with his supposed " Graphic" work and Djing, the guy still claims poverty and the term he used once in fron of me what was it? Oh yeah. "shit wage". Yet he would rather spend his weekend djing to a bunch of large , hairy overwieght and out of date men, for free drink and drugs and a £150 during Gay Pride weekend than learn how to tattoo.
Item Two: Lack of tattoo experience and lack of owning any actual tattoo work. "I don't want any shit tattoos, I want something that is virtually in a technical sense very difficult to do, and has made no physical attempt to evem remotely draw something up himself. He has the talent to do so. But the base of the the matter is that The guy wants to do it on his own clock and at his own term and schedule. As nice as he is, it doesn't work that way. I haave asked him for weeks to decorate his pace of two walls, and absolutely no effort or initiative to do so.
Item Three: His time spent here has equated to him still not being knowledgeable about the most basic and simple terms and practices. Up to last month I had ordered him to find out what the components of Surgical Spirit and Green Soap. It takes consistant prodding and encouragement, to make him actually do something. The only method that I found that actually works was to make a list of tasks for him to do and check them off once he completed them.
Item Four: He would claim "I needed to teach him to tattoo" when in fact I paid him daily to the tune of £1000.00 pounds to be here and help assist me in the run of my appointments, calls and treated customers. Yet when he chose to tattoo someone it was often when I was never around on days off or well into the evening where the customer would come well past closing. Yet when I gave him a actual test to see where his knowledge was, he failed miserably. I didn't fire him, I didn't yell. I just showed him where he stood in his apptitude in this job. Wouldn't ask questions of his own volitions, nor make the attempt to simply just make the first move to broaden his knowledge. No, that was my jpb apparently. On top of odering shit, Doing the books, dealing with the council. Drawing. Emails. Errands and other shit it takes to run a shop, n top of tattoo for the full day. If he wanted to learn to tattoo he needed to show me. And he had not.
The most damming Item: He has no Real passion for this job. Sure he like the idea of working in a shop and I had addressed this with him face to face. He bristled and looked at his position as a job. Sure it's work but he always had a level of defeat in his approach, that I was always going to chuck him. He was in fear of doing a shit job. Always an excuse, rather than take account for his own choices and actions. After i chose him and took him from a shit shop, where he was just turned loose with virtually no experience and or training. He had this fear that I was going to chuck him and or fire him. When In fact I drew up a contract to show him where he needed to do the actaul work to maintain his position and skill here in the shop. In short I was going to still show him what he said I was supposed to do. Now he is not here and blames me for his ineffective behavior. That's rich! Firing him would serve me no purpose, Had a thought about it. Damn straight.
Yes I said I thought about firing him many many times: Lest count shall we.
1) the time he texted ne to say he had some hot bear and some drugs at 2:30 am and aksed for the day off of work so that he could fuck some stranger.
2) The numerous times I had given him a simple task to do- like copying some private documents and miss placing them after he insisted that he copied them for my bank and never actually did. Which caused me an hour out of my own time frame to fucking do his job which he is paid for.
3) The countless times he would simply turn off his phone and not answer making any kind of contact with him possible.
4) The time after I spent virtually £1300.00 for the Doncaster tattoo convention and pulled a stunt claiming he deserved to be paid on days where we (3 of us ) were traveling and I was paying for his room and dinner. The total amount I paid out of pocket was more than that ungrateful son of a fat lard ass fucker ever got in a week. which totaled £475 on his expense which I paid for.
3) Where he came up with a bullshit excuse of his neck hurting and not coming in, when 5 days before I had a go at him for pulling Item number four. And neither appologising for the fact that the person he asked to cover had been working two weeks straight with out so much as a day off. Showing that the shop is taken for granted and that he could pull a fucking stunt like this and get a way with it. Fack that.
4) His choices and behavior had a fall out effect on other people without even realizing what the fuck he was doing. This was the most frustrating one of all. Cause he would never think about the big picture. Wanting short term gain at his own discression and convienience.
5) Expecting me to sugar coat shit to him cuase he's a "Nice" person when in fact I have repeatedly asked in differnt attempts to get him to do things. When he lacks ambition, Drive and commitment to do this job. Yet some how all of this is my fault when the person in question hasn't even said sorry for something like putting himself before his co-workers and his duties. Sure nothing wrong from doing this time to time but when you recognize a pattern. I can not and simply won't invest my time and my energy.
For what a petualent child with a inflated sense of entitlement, whose not placed him self at any level of involvement to tattooing other than showing up day to day and not placing him self out there. Niggah Fucking Pah-lease.
It's a shame cause his time and my time wasted. When I was an apprentice it was like boot camp, fucking hard and I was in real boot camp. Yet, I got through it. So Tattoo apprentichship was slightly earsier but still fucking tough cause the road my ass constantly.
You haven't earned the right to pull the shit you have especially when your technical skill is basic at best. If I take into account the crap I have heard before, not from him but other people.. It's no different.
The truth is he will never be a tattoo artist. At least a well respected one. He's to set in his ways and used to people throwing praise at him for the most amount of money for the least amount of effort. And for the record, being my assistant isn't exactly a day at the fucking beach, but you will learn your job front side ways and backwards the way I was taught. Provided you show dedication, commitment and above all ambition. And there is no spark or flame to be fanned when they expect me to draw it out of them. How can I do that when the don;t even have it in them in the first place? No he's passed tha point where he will never get sleeve, nor does he actually have the platform to persue an actuall career. So Kudos, your left with your pride, bits and bobs of tattoo equipment and a current flatmate whom your not even in love with. There are pople whom are fighters and struggle with stuff and over come the obstacles, Others need the simply just get what they can till the gravy train ends or when the time comes for them to put up or shut up. Kinda sad, and make you look like the aging self serving user you really are. I may be an asshole, fine by me hope I win the fucking blue ribbon a the country state fair. But I did not make the choice to walk out on a oppurtunity that others would pick flies out of shit for. He will never come back and lost all and every chance to come back, as he's been replaced. No different than the maid who claimed I scared them, when they were there to do a job. Bottom Line.
If you don't want to eat the meat then get the hell out of my bread line!
I am sure your happy and New Must be a nice feeling to feel so stable when you virtually have no real secure foundation or your own recources to stand on your own two feet., I hear Consuella's Chicken Shack and Tattoo's is hiring down in Peckahm Rye. I hear they have benifits of free chicken to staff left past 10pm.
So there you have ladies and gentlemen of the court. The Whole Truth, Nothing But The Truth, and a god dman fucking fact.
It's not like he hasn't heard this before cause I have said all of it to him to his face. And I was honest in considerate in that motion.